• Let’s see San Antonio Spurs’ Gary Neal’s clutch three point shot against the Memphis Grizzlies in Game 5 one more time but this time, let’s listen to the call from Spurs’ TV duo of Sean Elliott and Bill “I’m so excited my voice cracked” Land:
• Since we are on the topic of TV announcers, Bloguin’s own Awful Announcing takes issue with the Grizzlies’ TV crew when Neal made the clutch three point shot.
• Express News’ Tim Griffin shares the quotes from the Spurs-Grizzlies Game 5.
• Basketball Prospectus hands out some awards and a few Spurs received some votes for MVP, Rookie of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year, Sixth Man of the Year, Executive of the Year, All-NBA Team, and All-Rookie Team. Oh and Gregg Popovich is not the 2011 NBA Coach of the Year according to the site.
• With the Oklahoma City Thunder waiting on either the Spurs or Grizzlies, Newsok.com weighs in on which team the Thunder would rather face.
• NBA.com asks what is it about teams from Memphis and playing in San Antonio:
It was the 2008 NCAA championship game just up the road when Chalmers hit a high, arcing jumper for Kansas that forced overtime and eventually sent the Memphis Tigers to defeat.
This time it was Neal, the undrafted, 26-year-old rookie who buried the shot that sent Game 5 into overtime and saved the Spurs from an early grave.
• Tomorrow you can chat with Spurs legend George Gervin at ESPN.
• Playmakeronline.com recaps last night’s Spurs win.
• Pounding the Rock also recaps last night’s Spurs win.
• USA Today asks if the Spurs became relevant again after last night’s thrilling win.