In Spurscast episode 656, Spurscast host Paul Garcia and Project Spurs writer Benjamin Bornstein discuss:
- Social media questions about the Spurs before the lottery
- Second round draft prospects
With the NBA Draft Lottery coming up Tuesday May 17, we asked Spurs fans to send some pre-lottery questions through social media.
Some of the questions were got were what would it take to land a Top-3 pick via trade if the Spurs don’t get a Top-3 pick in the lottery, whether the Spurs will use the draft-and-stash route with one of their picks, and a question about draft prospect Tari Eason of LSU.
Second Round Draft Prospects
In Spurscast episode 655, first round draft prospects were mainly discussed in the episode. This week we take a look at some players projected to get drafted in the second round with the Spurs having the 38th pick in round two.
Players discussed in this discussion are:
- Kennedy Chandler of Tennessee
- Leonard Miller of Fort Erie International Academy
- David Roddy of Colorado State
- Justin Lewis of Marquette
- Harrison Ingram of Stanford
- Max Christie of Michigan State
- Jake LaRavia of Wake Forest
Dyson Daniels of the G-League Ignite and Nikola Jovic of Mega Mozzart are discussed when reviewing first round draft prospects.
In the final segment, the draft lottery odds are discussed from best to worst odds. The Spurs have a 50.7% chance of landing the 9th pick, 25.9% chance of landing the 10th pick, and a 5.7% chance of landing the 4th pick. Those are their Top-3 best odds entering the lottery.