• After the loss to the San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Mavericks’ Dirk Nowitzki and head coach Rick Carlisle spoke on the loss to the Spurs:
But, Friday’s 26-12 deficit at home to the San Antonio Spurs was more difficult to explain away.
“It shouldn’t have been,” Dirk Nowitzki said of the San Antonio slow start. “We had a day off [Thursday] and we weren’t as sharp in the beginning, but then we scramble and made some plays and we were back in it at halftime.”
“I’ve been talking to you guys [media] a lot about the importance of good starts and how they carry over and we needed a better start [against the Spurs],” Mavs coach Rick Carlisle said. (espn.com)
• Former Spurs and current New Jersey Nets head coach spoke about Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich being there for him:
“He’d keep in touch with me and make sure I was keeping my head up. And every time I was in position to get a coaching job, he and (San Antonio coach) Gregg Popovich were the two guys that I leaned on to help me through. We’d talk about whether it was a good situation for me or not.” (americanchronicle.com)
• The Austin Toros went 1-1 against the Rio Grande Valley Vipers this past week. Read the recaps at Toros Nation.
• Express News’ Tim Griffin shares some quotes from the Spurs-Charlotte Bobcats game this past Saturday.
• Pounding the Rock shares some photos from the Spurs-Bobcats game.
• Here is how you can enter for a chance to score some free tickets to the upcoming Spurs-Portland Trail Blazers game on March 28 at the AT&T Center:
1. Follow @TiqFeed_Texas on Twitter.
2. Once you’ve followed, send out a tweet that says “Follow @TiqFeed_Texas” and include your favorite live Texas sports moment, followed by the hashtag #LoneStarTiqs for chance to win free Spurs tickets.
3. One person who tweets that out will win a free pair of tickets to the March 28 Spurs-Trail Blazers game.