• Want to win a pair of free tickets to a San Antonio Spurs home game next month? Of course you do! All you have to do it follow @projectspurstiq on Twitter to enter. Easy huh?
• The Dallas Mavericks are right on the San Antonio Spurs’ heels in the Southwest Division and though the
Here is what Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle and guard Jason Terry had to say on the Spurs’ season so far:
“The West is tough,” Mavs coach Rick Carlisle said. “This division again is back to being one of the toughest in all of sports.
“The Spurs are having a great year. They’re going to continue to be good.”
And of course Terry had some words about the Spurs which might ruffle the feathers of Spurs fans:
“The only score I’m just focused on is San Antonio, and they finally lost (Thursday) night,” Terry said. “I’m definitely looking at all the teams in the West, but the only team we’re trying to catch is them, so I’m always watching them.
“They’re having a phenomenal year, and there’s about three or four teams having a good year to this point. But the key is can you maintain it, can you continue to stay focused, and can you get better?”
“A couple of those teams are going to peak out,” Terry said. “I’m going to tell you right now, it’s not going to be the Mavericks.”
Though many feel the Spurs’ biggest competition is the Los Angeles Lakers, the Mavericks do present a huge concern for the Spurs. They have beaten the Spurs this season and will present a threat all season long.
However, let’s hope Terry keeps looking up at the Spurs in the division.
• The Spurs took a beating last night against the Orlando Magic and winning streak came to a halt. To add insult to injury, check out this video of Spurs’ guard Chris Quinn getting hit in the head by the basketball by Magic center Dwight Howard:
• The Spurs face the Washington Wizards this Sunday but it seems the Wizards are having some internal turmoil. Andray Blatche and JaVale McGee reportedly got into an altercation:
Multiple league sources have confirmed that teammates Andray Blatche and JaVale McGee were involved in an altercation outside an area club early Friday
Witnesses have said that the players were screaming expletives at each other, but two league sources added that Blatche and McGee also exchanged several punches at the Shadow Room in Northwest Washington.
A Wizards spokesman released a statement late Friday that read, “The team looked into the matter earlier today and determined it was simply a disagreement between teammates.” (source washingtonpost.com)
A little Wizards dysfunction could be used to the Spurs benefit to get the team back on the winning track after losing badly to the Magic.
• Reigning Black discusses the Spurs’ big problem…literally. Check it out.