• NBA.com spoke with San Antonio Spurs’ Manu Ginobili and here is what he had to say on the Miami Heat, the lack of attention the Spurs receive and more.
Ginobili on the hype the Heat receives:
“So this was kind of a big deal — LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh getting together and going to South Beach. It’s a very big deal and it draws attention. It’s understandable. But we really don’t care.”
“At least, as I speak for myself, I really don’t care about the hype with Miami. It does not bother me. I think it’s good for the league that a team like that gets together — that young and talented — and people are talking about the NBA. It’s fine. People turn on the TV to see the Heat and, you know, they do see the other teams too.”
Ginobili on the lack of media attention on the Spurs:
“I’m not a mass media consumer, so I’m not sure what people say about us,” Ginobili said with a shrug. “But at this point we are six games ahead of the second-best team in the standings, so we are hardly under the radar. We were like that at the beginning, maybe the first 30 to 40 games. Nobody was sure if we could keep it up, if they could believe in us.
“But I think that now everybody knows who we are and the chances we have or we don’t have. And then again, I don’t think anybody inside the team really cares. We are not a team trying to draw attention and have people talk about us and asking for extra interviews and stuff. Miami can have all that.”
• RedsArmy.com keeps the Spurs on the Boston Celtics’ radar as the NBA playoffs near.
• With March Madness underway, MassLive.com says the Texas A&M Aggies are like the Spurs:
“They are somewhat like the San Antonio Spurs of the NBA and won’t wow anyone on their way to victory.” The Aggies face Florida State in the first round, with a potential second-round matchup against 2-seed Notre Dame.”
• Express News Tim Griffin spoke on the Spurs upcoming games.
• George Hill visited the Spurs youth basketball league.
• Sean Elliott and Bill Land in “Scatter Shooting.”
• Pounding the Rock shares photos of Tony Parker’s shiny shoes.
• Here is how you can enter for a chance to score some free tickets to the upcoming Spurs-Portland Trail Blazers game on March 28 at the AT&T Center:
1. Follow @TiqFeed_Texas on Twitter.
2. Once you’ve followed, send out a tweet that says “Follow @TiqFeed_Texas” and include your favorite live Texas sports moment, followed by the hashtag #LoneStarTiqs for chance to win free Spurs tickets.
3. One person who tweets that out will win a free pair of tickets to the March 28 Spurs-Trail Blazers game.