Once again, the Summer Spurs led for most of the game and this time they pushed back a late rally from the Summer 76ers to post a 101-95 victory in a high scoring affair on Sunday night.
If you missed the game, Collin Reid will have a recap to help you catch up.
After the game, Summer Spurs head coach Will Hardy provided some interesting observations on the team, both on and off the court:
- On the Spurs performance against the Summer 76ers: I think we have shown flashes throughout Summer League, we’ve had some good halves, we have had some good quarters. Tonight I felt like we played a full game which was nice to see.
- On Bryn Forbes setting the 2017 Summer League scoring record: He’s been great, his energy is infectious. He’s obviously hunting on the offence end really well and he is showing everybody that he has a variety to it. It’s not just catch and shoot. I think people get a bit of a misconception with Bryn he has a lot more to his game to catch and shoot and he showed that tonight.
- On Olivier Hanlan’s solid game and 24:41 minutes : He’s been really really solid for us throughout Summer League and has been a huge contributor to our success.
- On Dejounte Murray not playing in the second half: Summer League is long and we did not want to wear him out.
- On Derrick White’s ankle and weather he will be play Tuesday: Hopefully, it’s a little sore, a little tight so they did not want to push him too hard this early in the summer. They will revaluate him tomorrow morning.
- On Cory Jefferson not playing: He banged knees last game. It was a little tight today. Again, thinking about his health it was just best to sit him tonight and hopefully he is ready for Tuesday.
The Summer Spurs have a rest day today and take on the Blazers on Tuesday at 1pm PST.
Fore more Summer League coverage, visit Gareth’s site, Spursinthe6.com and follow his twitter account for live updates from the Summer League games.