• The San Antonio Spurs have invited Manu Ginobili’s former coach Ettore Messian to spend a few games with the team:
In the meantime, Messina plans to accept an invitation from San Antonio to spend eight days with the Spurs — and his former star at Bologna, Manu Ginobili — later this month.
“I’m really excited to see a couple of practices, some games, watch some films with the team, and of course to see Manu,” Messina said. “I’ve never had the opportunity to see Manu during the season.” (sportsillustrated.cnn.com)
• The past Spurs-Dallas Mavericks game was not a TV ratings hit in of all places – Dallas:
Friday night’s Dallas Mavericks-San Antonio Spurs game on Fox Sports Southwest seemingly should have had enough juice to at least win its time slot.
But another hotly competitive game between the NBA’s two Texas titans again came up short in the D-FW Nielsens, as did the Mavs on their home court scoreboard.
The game averaged just 90,034 D-FW viewers, falling well short of NBC’s competing two-hour Dateline (180,068 viewers) while also narrowly trailing Fox4’s local newscast in the 9 p.m. hour. Fox’s Fringe also outdrew the Mavs from 8 to 9 p.m. (pegasusnews.com)
• Express News’ Tim Griffin talks about a couple of big games on the schedule for the Spurs.
Hit the jump to read how you can win free tickets to the Spurs-Trail Blazers game in San Antonio, Chris Quinn on the Miami Heat, Celtics fans spying on the Spurs, and more.
• Spurs’ Chris Quinn said exactly what the Miami Heat need to do to get the team going:
“As a point guard that played with Dwyane, you want the ball going through his hands,” Quinn, now with the San Antonio Spurs, said. “That was for the betterment of the team.” (sun-sentinel.com)
• RedsArmy.com watches the Spurs as the NBA playoffs approach.
• Scatter Shooting with Bill Land and Sean Elliott.
• Project Spurs wishes happy birthday to former Spur Fabricio Oberto! Manu also wished him happy birthday!
• Here is how you can enter for a chance to score some free tickets to the upcoming Spurs-Portland Trail Blazers game on March 28 at the AT&T Center:
1. Follow @TiqFeed_Texas on Twitter.
2. Once you’ve followed, send out a tweet that says “Follow @TiqFeed_Texas” and include your favorite live Texas sports moment, followed by the hashtag #LoneStarTiqs for chance to win free Spurs tickets.
3. One person who tweets that out will win a free pair of tickets to the March 28 Spurs-Trail Blazers game.