• The San Antonio Spurs beat the Phoenix Suns today snapping their six-game losing streak. A
• With today’s win over the Suns, Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich is now one win away from matching legendary Boston Celtics coach Red Auerbach for the most wins with one team with 795.
• Also, the Spurs officially eliminated the Suns from the playoffs with their win today.
• Express News’ Tim Griffin gives his five takes from the Spurs win over the Suns.
• Former Spur Dennis Rodman says he will be enshrined in the Basketball Hall of Fame:
Dennis Rodman said Friday night that he will be enshrined in the Basketball Hall of Fame. Rodman says he was informed Thursday to be in Houston for Monday’s announcement before the championship game of the NCAA tournament. (espn.com)
• The Spurs’ D-League affiliate Austin Toros were officially eliminated from the D-League playoffs with a loss to the Texas Legends and their season is over. Here is what Toros head coach Brad Jones had to say:
Jones, who was talking with Spurs GM R.C. Buford and VP of Basketball Operations Danny Ferry after the game outside the locker room, will take the next few days to do some exit interviews and start planning for the summer.
“We’ll see what the Spurs want from us and what we have to do as a staff,” Jones said.
Overall, Jones said his first season with the Toros was both fun and disappointing.
“At times (I had fun),” Jones said. “Every year, there is a challenge. It was a little bit more of a challenge this year with all the roster turnover. Not being able to fulfill the team goals of winning more, I’m very disappointed about, but in the midst of all the fight is a lot of fun. Sometimes you just don’t get the outcome you desire.”
Read the complete article at Toros Nation.