Not every week in the UFC can be a title fight, and the card for UFC Fight Night 203: Santos vs Ankalaev is a prime example of that. Only three bouts will feature ranked fighters, one of which is the main event between light heavyweight contenders No.5 Thiago “Marreta” Santos and No.6 Magomed Ankalaev. The UFC schedule continues in the APEX Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on Saturday, March 12, 2022.
When: Saturday, March 12, 2022
Prelims Start Time: 4 p.m. EST / 1 p.m. PST
Main Card Start Time: 7 p.m. EST / 4 p.m. PST
Location: APEX Arena – Las Vegas, Nevada
How to Watch: ESPN+, FightPass
Thiago Santos vs. Magomed Ankalaev full fight preview
Ankalaev (16-1-0, 9 KO) is on a tear through the light heavyweight division, winning his last seven fights, winning by both TKO and decisions. Now he’s looking to take the next step in his career and become a top-five contender. Standing in his way is Santos (22-9-0, 15 KO) who has been at the top of the division before as a top contender, but now is just 2-3 in his last five appearances. Fans can anticipate a standing battle between these two fighters who have just one submission victory between the two of them. Ankalaev is a heavy favorite to win, drawing -600 odds compared to +435 for Santos.
Leading up to the main bout is a pair of top-15 contests in both the bantamweight and featherweight divisions. More evenly matched according to the oddsmakers than the headliner, the matches should be entertaining. In the bantamweight, No.10 Marlon Moraes is the underdog against No.14 Song Yadong who is a favorite at -240. For the featherweight ranked bout, No.15 Alex Caceres is facing falling out of the top standings as he is on the outside looking in at +200 against No.10 Sodiq Yusuff.
UFC Fight Night 202 Fight Card and Odds
- Thiago Santos (+435) vs Magomed Ankalaev (-600) – Light Heavyweight
- Marlon Moraes (+215) vs Song Yadong (-265) – Bantamweight
- Sodiq Yusuff (-260) vs Alex Caceres (+210) – Featherweight
- Khalil Rountree Jr. (+110) vs Karl Roberson (-130) – Light Heavyweight
- Drew Dober (-160) vs Terrance McKinney (+140) – Lightweight
- Alex Pereira (-200) vs Bruno Silva (+170) – Middleweight
- Matthew Semelsberger (-195) vs AJ Fletcher (+165) – Welterweight
- JJ Aldrich (+105) vs Gillian Robertson (-125) – Women’s Flyweight
- Trevin Jones (+130) vs Javid Basharat (-150) – Bantamweight
- Damon Jackson (-115) vs Kamuela Kirk (-105) – Featherweight
- Sabina Mazo (+270) vs Miranda Maverick (-350) – Women’s Flyweight
- Dalcha Lungiambula (-130) vs Cody Brundage (+110) – Middleweight
- Kris Moutinho (-155) vs Guido Cannetti (+135) – Bantamweight
- Tafon Nchukwi (+165) vs Azamat Murzakanov (-195) – Light Heavyweight