The main event will be Australia’s Alexander Volkanovski vs. “The Korean Zombie” Chan Sung Jung for the Volkanovski’s featherweight title. Volkanovski made his pro debut in 2012, and in 2013 he lost in his fourth career fight. Since then, he has compiled a 20-fight winning streak. He came to the UFC in 2016, and in 2019 he beat Max Holloway for the UFC featherweight title. Volkanovski beat Holloway in a rematch for the title and beat Brian Ortega in September to hold onto the belt.
When Is UFC 273? Date, Time, Location
- When: Saturday, April 9, 2022
- Early Prelims Start Time: 6:15 p.m. EST / 3: 15 p.m. PST
- Prelims Start Time: 8 p.m. EST / 5 p.m. PST
- Main Card Start Time: 10 p.m. EST / 7 p.m. PST
- Location: Star Veterans Memorial Arena – Jacksonville, Florida
- PPV Stream anywhere: FITEPASS
Although Burns — the No. 4 welterweight in MMA Fighting’s Global Rankings — is the much more accomplished fighter, he’s coming into this contest as a substantial betting underdog — currently +400 on DraftKings — and there’s a reason for that: this is a brutal style matchup.
Gilbert Burns vs Khamzat Chimaev Fight preview
Burns is a decorated BJJ player and an above average striker, but he’s also an undersized welterweight and doesn’t have the best wrestling. Against a huge and physically dominating wrestler like Chimaev, that severely limits Burns’ options for success. Despite his grappling credentials, he’s unlikely to be able to out-wrestle Chimaev, meaning the grappling will take place on Chimaev’s terms – and those are unlikely to be favorable. So for Burns to win, he’s going to need to play to his other strengths, namely, his speed.
While being undersized has some serious drawbacks, it does bring to fighters the advantage of generally being faster than opponents. Chimaev, who also competes at middleweight and probably will find himself at 205 before his career is done, is not particularly slow. But he’s giving up a decided edge in quickness to Burns, and Burns is going to need to lean on that.
Burns has solid footwork and fast hands, and that was almost enough to wrest the title away from Kamaru Usman. Burns should look to do something similar here. Getting cornered or engaging in a tie-up is a death sentence, so Burns needs to keep his distance early, work long range attacks like jabs and calf kicks, and then look to explode when the opportunity presents itself and test the chin of Chimaev. “Borz” has barely been hit in his entire career, and Burns has the speed and power to put nearly any welterweight down if he lands cleanly.
How to Watch UFC 273 from anywhere
Although there are no options to watch UFC 273 main card for free, you can live stream UFC 273 prelims online for free. For the main card, however, pick up a ESPN+ subscription and the UFC 273 PPV stream above. By the way, If you are looking a cheap but trust worthy streaming service for UFC 273 tonight, would recommend you FIGHTPASS, because of the service comes with no longtime contract even no geo restriction. So, ufc can’s can watch the UFC 273 Prelims free and main card PPV live c0verage through FITEPASS only paying one time $19.99.
UFC 273 fight card
Main card: 12pm AEST
- UFC Featherweight Title: Alexander Volkanovski (c) vs. “The Korean Zombie” Chan Sung Jung
- UFC Bantamweight Title: Aljamain Sterling (c) vs. Petr Yan
- Gilbert Burns vs. Khamzat Chimaev; welterweights
- Mackenzie Dern vs. Tecia Torres; strawweights
- Kelvin Gastelum vs. Nassourdine Imavov; middleweights
Prelims: From 8am AEST
- Irene Aldana vs. Aspen Ladd; bantamweights
- Ian Garry vs. Darian Weeks; welterweights
- Dricus du Plessis vs. Chris Curtis; middleweights
- Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs. Marcin Tybura; heavyweights
- Albert Duraev vs. Anthony Hernandez; middleweights
- Mickey Gall vs. Mike Malott; welterweights
- Gavin Tucker vs. Pat Sabatini; featherweights
- Julio Arce vs. Daniel Santos; bantamweights
- Mark Madsen vs. Vinc Pichel; lightweights
- Piera Rodriguez vs. Kay Hansen; strawweights