Combat sports are among the most popular worldwide, and it goes so much deeper than title events at the Olympics or UFC, or the alphabet soup of boxing organizations. On Saturday afternoon in South Australia, Diamondback FC will feature a spectrum of combat sporting events at APEX Sport Fest 2, featuring DFC 13: MMA & Muay Thai. Click here to order DFS 13
How to watch DFC 13: MMA & Muay Thai
- When: Saturday, March 12, 2022 (local) / Friday, March 11, 2022 (U.S.)
- Start Time: 3p.m. GMT +10:30 / 11:30 p.m. EST / 8:30 p.m. PST
- Location: Norwood Oval-Coopers Stadium in Norwood SA, Australia
- How to Watch: FITE TV, FightPass
The Sport Fest includes everything from strongman contests to Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and boxing, and of course DFC 13, a Muay Thai/MMA competition. DFC 13 is taking place on Saturday, March 12, 2022, at Norwood Oval-Coopers Stadium in Norwood SA, Australia. For fans in the United States following the competition, the time difference has DFC starting at 11:30 p.m. EST / 8:30 p.m. PST.
2022 DFC 13: MMA & Muay Thai Fight Preview
Oceania has produced some of the best talents in combat sports, especially in MMA, with a number of top contenders calling the region home. Reigning UFC champions Alexander Volkanovski and Israel Adesanya have come out of the Pacific, as have contenders Dan Hooker and Tua Tuivasa. While Saturday’s event won’t feature those stars, it will highlight local fighters who have a ton of talent.
The 11-bout MMA and Muay Thai mixed card has brought together some of the best fighters in the South Australian state. Headlining the event is Manoli Kachina of Kachina Fight Club taking on Tevita Maka of Strongheart in the Muay Thai main event for the title. Both fighters are making their amateur debuts. It is the second title event on the card, with Anthony Gilbert of Frontline facing Technicians’ Jaidyn Penn-Cayton in an MMA bout. The difference in the styles, of course, is that MMA fighters can take their opponents to the ground using wrestling submission techniques, where Muay Thai is fought standing up, but allows elbows and knees, unlike kickboxing.
DFC 13: MMA & Muay Thai Fight Card
- Fight 11: Manoli Kachina vs Tevita Maka – Muay Thai Title Event
- Fight 10: Anthony Gilbert vs Jaidyn Penn-Cayton – MMA Title Event
- Fight 9: Jayden Clark vs Aidan Massone – 62 KG / 136 LBS
- Fight 8: Shaun Curran vs Jackson Gibbs – K1 Event – 76 KG / 167 LBS
- Fight 7: Alex Aitken vs Belai Maka – 63 KG / 138 LBS
- Fight 6: Lucas Tropeano vs Harry Horsell – 84 KG / 184 LBS
- Fight 5: Lily Martin vs Speth Micallef – 60 KG / 132 LBS
- Fight 4: Ethan Fraser vs Sadiq Asifi – 64 KG / 141 LBS
- Fight 3: Shannen Ross vs Jackie Evans – 58 KG / 127 LBS
- Fight 2: Hannah Salter vs Renee Smith – 60 KG / 132 LBS
- Fight 1: Tom Walker vs Jordy Annasi – 68 KG / 149 LBS