A month after Colby Covington defeated Jorge Masvidal at UFC 272 in a contention bout, the title fights return with a double dose for UFC 273: Volkanovski vs The Korean Zombie. On Saturday, April 9, 2022, the featherweight championship is the main event, supported by Sterling vs Yan 2, a bantamweight title rematch from UFC 259 last March. With early prelims, the preliminaries, and the main card, the full night of fighting will take place inside the Octagon at Star Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, Florida.
- When: Saturday, April 9, 2022
- Early Prelims Start Time: 6:15 p.m. EST / 3: 15 p.m. PST
- Prelims Start Time: 8 p.m. EST / 5 p.m. PST
- Main Card Start Time: 10 p.m. EST / 7 p.m. PST
- Location: Star Veterans Memorial Arena – Jacksonville, Florida
- World Stream: FightPass PPV
- Canada Stream: IGNITE TV – CHANNEL 499
- Australia: KAYO (PPV)
- US stream: ESPN+
For various reasons, a number of bouts on the evening’s card have had to be adjusted. Per the UFC on Monday, Dricus Du Plessis was promoted to the main card against Kelvin Gastelum in place of Nassourdine Imavov, and Irene Aldana has been replaced in the prelims by Raquel Pennington. A heavyweight fight between Ilir Latifi and Aleksei Oleinik has been added to the main card. Here’s everything about UFC 273 huge night of MMA on Saturday when Alexander Volkanovski faces “The Korean Zombie”. Fight cost, Time, Venue and how to watch anywhere.
How To watch
Unfortunately ESPN+ will not available in Canada. But not to be worry, the fans are able to watch UFC 273, but you must need to order. a PPV for main card fight through IGNITE TV – CHANNEL 499 (Rogers PPV) at CAD$64.99. Same as alternative you can also try FIGHTPASS for UFC 273 PPV only for 19.99
UFC 273: Volkanovski vs The Korean Zombie Preview
UFC Fight Night cards this month have felt rather light, lacking premier matchups. Well, Dana White is making up for that at UFC 273: Volkanovski vs The Korean Zombie, with six top-five fighters on the main card, and a seventh appearing in the finale for the prelims. In the night’s main event, Alexander “The Great” Volkanovski (23-1-0) will put his 21-fight winning streak and featherweight title up against “The Korean Zombie” Chan Sung Jung (17-6-0), the fourth-ranked fighter in the division. Jung is an inch taller than Volkanovski and has a reach advantage of less than that but makes up for it in the legs. Both fighters have knockout potential, but Jung has a severe advantage when it comes to grappling, winning eight fights by submission.
As great as the main event is set to be, the co-main event of Petr “No Mercy” Yan (16-2-0) against Aljamain “Funk Master” Sterling (20-3-0) may have more buzz. The bout is a rematch of the contest between the two at last March’s UFC 259 three-title card. Yan, the champion at the time, was disqualified for an illegal knee sustained by Sterling in the fourth round that quieted the arena.
Sterling had a knee on the ground, with Yan pressing Sterling’s head down. Yan then delivered a blow with his knee to the front of Sterling’s head. Sterling was unable to continue, the disqualification of Yan was announced, and Sterling was given the belt as an interim champion. Saturday night’s rematch is likely to resurface the emotions from last year, making for a fantastic contest. Sterling, the longer fighter, is on a seven-fight winning streak, and Yan has already earned a victory since then, shaking off any cobwebs.
UFC 273 Fight Card & Odds
- Alexander Volkanovski (-270) vs Chan Sung Jung (+500)
- Aljamain Sterling (+350) vs Petr Yan (-475)
- Gilbert Burns (+360) vs Khamzat Chimaev (-490)
- Mackenzie Dern (-115) vs Tecia Torres (-105)
- Alesksei Oleinik (-220) vs Jared Vanderaa (+180)
- Kelvin Gastelum (-150) vs Dricus Du Plessis (+130)
- Aspen Ladd (+165) vs Raquel Pennington (-195)
- Ian Garry (-350) vs Dairan Weeks (+270)
- Anthony Hernandez (-180) vs Josh Fremd (+155)
- Jairzinho Rozenstruik (-150) vs Marcin Tybura (+130)
- Mickey Gall vs Mike Malott
- Julio Arce vs Daniel Santos
- Vinc Pichel (-140) vs Mark Madsen (+120)
- Piera Rodriguez vs Kay Hansen
UFC Featherweight Champion Alexander Volkanovski is carving out his legacy as one of the best ever but to keep his belt and his place atop the division he must hold off the charge of “The Korean Zombie” Chan Sung Jung.