MEMPHIS – Jaron Blossomgame surpassed the 20-point plateau for the second time in as many days as the Spurs bounced back from Thursday’s loss with a 22-point victory against the Memphis Hustle.
· How to Watch: Facebook Live – Austin Spurs Fan Page
· Score: Austin Spurs 121, Memphis Hustle 99
· Records: Spurs (12-8) | Hustle (7-12)
· Date: Friday, December 22 | 7:00 p.m. tip-off CST
· Location: Landers Center | Memphis, Tennessee
· Attendance: 1,463
· Officials: Randy Richardson, Brandon Schwab, Kelly Broomfield
After trailing 5-4 early in the first, the Spurs generated a 33-15 run to close the quarter and take control of the game. Austin tied or outscored Memphis in each of the next three quarters en route to their 22-point victory against the Memphis Hustle.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Austin shot 50 percent (48-for-96) from the floor, while the Hustle were 37-of-92 (40 percent) from the floor.
- The Spurs went 8-of-24 (33 percent) from beyond the arc in the victory and went 17-of-23 (74 percent) from the charity stripe. The Hustle, meanwhile, were 7-of-22 (32 percent) from downtown and went 18-of-24 from the charity stripe (75 percent).
- One game after reducing their turnovers by 10 against the Clippers, the Spurs reduced their total team turnovers by one Friday evening, finishing with just 18 team turnovers versus Memphis.
- Austin dished out 19 team assists compared to the Hustle’s 18.
- The Spurs out-rebounded the Hustle by 17 Friday night, 57-40.
INSIDE THE FLOW
- The game saw just one tie and two lead changes.
- Austin managed to outscore or tie Memphis in each of the four quarters Friday night.
- Finding themselves down 5-4 early, the Spurs ended the first quarter on a 33-15 run to hold a 17-point lead after one quarter of play.
- Austin held a 63-42 lead at the break
- With both teams scoring 24 points in the third quarter, Austin held an 87-66 lead with one quarter left.
- Scoring 34+ points in a quarter for the second time this game, Austin bounced back from a loss on Thursday with a 121-99 victory Friday evening.
- Jaron Blossomgame surpassed the 20-point plateau for the second consecutive game/day, recording eight or more made baskets for the second-straight game/day as well; Blossomgame registered 20 points on 9-of-12 shooting in just 23 minutes of action.
- Six Spurs finish with double-digit scoring performances (Blossomgame, Costello, Hanlan, Hilliard, Jean-Charles, Ledbetter).
- The starting backcourt for the Spurs are averaging just 12.5 points total in the last two games; 11 points combined Friday
- Hanlan and Ledbetter both shoot 6-of-11 from the floor each; combining for 31 points off the bench.
- Brimah closed in on a near double-double; recording a team-high 15 boards (five offensive) and eight blocks; also added five points off the bench. Brimah responsible for 88.9 percent of the team blocks on Friday night.
- Austin Nichols and Jordan Crawford combined for 37 points off the bench for the Hustle.
- Rookie Dusty Hannahs added 12 points, including 2-of-4 from beyond-the-arc off the bench.
The Spurs head back to Austin next week when they host the Lakeland Magic in the last home game for the Spurs in 2017. Game tips off on Dec. 28 at 7:00 p.m. CST.