The San Antonio Spurs (1-1) will visit the Denver Nuggets (1-1) at the Pepsi Center tonight for game three of the Spurs' preseason schedule. The
game will mark the first road preseason game for San Antonio.
The Spurs are coming off a 96-99 overtime loss against the Phoenix Suns in San Antonio yesterday. Tim Duncan led the team with 12 points while Corey Maggette added 10 points off 1-4 shooting in the loss.
The Nuggets are coming off an 88-90 loss to the Lakers. JaVale McGee had 14 points to pace Denver while J.J. Hickson added 13 points.
And as the Spurs hit the road without Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili and Tim Duncan for the next three preseason road games, here are five things to watch for during tonight's game.
• Marco Belinelli and Jeff Ayers meshing with the team. So far the two newest Spurs have two games under their belt as a Spur and have shown they still need time to mesh with the team. Ayers had his best outing versus the Suns with 10 points while Marco still looks like he is trying to find his way.
• Corey Maggette watch. Corey proved he can be a viable option at the back up small forward spot. He poured in 10 points in the loss to Phoenix and the roster spot might be all his to lose.
• Danny Green. It may just be the preseason but he Green has not shown that his shot is still deadly as it was last season. In the Phoenix loss, he went scoreless shooting 0-1 in nine minutes and versus CSKA Moscow he shot 2-4 from the field.
• Patty Mills pushing Cory Joseph for the backup point guard. Many feel the backup point guard spot is Cory's to lose but Mills had another great performance against the Suns. He scored 11 points off 4-8 shooting in 14 minutes of play. Against CSKA Moscow, he had 14 points in 22 minutes of play including hitting the game winning three point shot.
• Nando De Colo. Nando must prove himself this preseason and early in the regular season if he wants anytime on the court. He is already being outplayed by Mills and Joseph for backup point guard and as for the shooting guard spot, there's Manu Ginobili and Belinelli. If he doesn't shape up, he might be shipped out of San Antonio. He can turn things around for him tonight in Denver.