The San Antonio Spurs (23-8), winners of four games in a row, will face the Dallas Mavericks (12-18) tonight in Dallas as these two Texas rivals square off for the second time this season.
The Spurs won the first meeting against Dallas 129-91 in San Antonio. The Spurs set a franchise record, hitting 20 three pointers while setting a season-high 17 steals. The Spurs scored a season-high 100 points through three quarters and five Spurs scored in double digits, led by Danny Green’s career-high 25 points and tied a career-high 7 three’s.
The Spurs are coming off a 122-116 win over the Rockets in San Antonio. The Spurs were led by the duo of Tony Parker and Tim Duncan with the two scoring 31 and 30 points respectively. Houston was led by James Harden who finished with 33 points and 7 assists.
The Mavericks a 106-85 loss to the Nuggets in Dallas. O.J. Mayo (15), Chris Kaman (12), Darren Collison (10), Vince Carter (10) and Brandan Wright (10) all scored in double figures for Dallas in the loss.
And as the Spurs look for their third five-game winning streak of the season, while the Mavs look to end their five-game losing streak, here are five things to watch for during tonight's game:
• The Spurs are averaging 96.3 points on 43.2 percent shooting on the road this season.
• The Mavs are averaging 41.6 bench points per game this season and are tied with the Spurs for third in the league in bench scoring.
• The Mavs have allowed 109.6 during its current five-game losing streak.
• The Mavs are 11-4 this season when they shoot at least 45 percent from the field.
• The Mavs averaging 16.9 fast break points per game this season, which ranks sixth in the NBA.