The San Antonio Spurs (7-1) will host the lone undefeated team in the NBA New York Knicks (5-0) tonight in New York's only visit to the Alamo City.
The Spurs are coming off a thrilling 84-82 win over the Lakers where Danny Green's game-winning three sealed the win for San Antonio. During the team's West coast swing, the Spurs went 3-1 with their only loss to the Clippers.
The Knicks are off to a terrific start and are undefeated for the first time since the 1993-94 season where they went 7-0 to start the season. New York is coming off a 99-89 win over the Magic to start a three-game road trip.
The game will also mark a return for Knicks' Steve Novak who played with the Spurs in 2011 and for James White who was with the silver and black from 2006-2007. Also, fellow Argentina countrymen Manu Ginobili and Knicks' Pablo Prigioni will be reunited.
And as these two teams get set to tangle at the AT&T Center, here are five things to watch for during the game:
• New York has lost nine straight games in San Antonio with their last win in the Alamo City on March 18, 2003.
• The Knicks are holding teams to an NBA best 38.6 points in the second half.
• The Knicks have won all five of their games by 10 points or more.
• The Spurs are 3-0 at home (6-0 overall) when they outscore their opponent in the paint.
• The Spurs are 3-0 at home (4-0 overall) when leading at halftime at the AT&T Center.