The San Antonio Spurs (25-8) will kick off the new year on the road as they visit the Milwaukee Bucks (16-13) tonight.
The Spurs won the first game versus the Bucks 110-99 at San Antonio on December. Five Spurs scored in double figures led by Tony Parker’s 22 points and 10 assists. Tim Duncan posted 17 points, 10 rebounds and 2 blocks.
For the Spurs, they are coming off a pasting of the Nets 104-73. Parker lead the team with 20 points and six assists.
For the Bucks, they are coming a loss to the Pistons 94-96 . Bucks' Monta Ellis tallied a game-high 30 points and nine assists, while Ersan Ilyasova came off the bench to score 24.
And as the Spurs put their 6-game winning streak on the line tonight, here are five things to watch for during the game:
• The Spurs defense has held opponents under 100 points in 19 games and are 16-3 in those games.
• Bucks' Ellis is averaging 8.3 assists over the last three games.
• The Bucks have a 9-7 record against teams with a .500 or better record.
• The Bucks have 36 steals over the last three games, including a season-high 17 steals against Miami last month.
• The Bucks are now 7-2 this season when Mike Dunleavy hits three or more 3-pointers in a game, and 7-3 when he scores in double figures.