Tonight the San Antonio Spurs will face the Atlanta Hawks in San Antonio in their only meeting of
The Hawks, however, have not beaten the Spurs in San Antonio since February, 1997 and lost the season series last year to San Antonio (0-2). So suffice it to say, the Hawks have an a tall task ahead of them but is a welcomed note for the Spurs.
But as tonight’s contest inches closer to tip-off, here are five things to keep an eye on during tonight’s matchup.
- The Hawks bring the “D.” Atlanta has yet to allow an opponent to hit 50%-or-better from the floor in a game this season.
- Watch out for Joe Johnson. Since Al Horford has been out due to injury, Johnson is averaging 22.6 points, 5.1 rebounds, and 4.0 assists.
- No seriously, really keep an eye on Johnson tonight! Atlanta is 9-1 when Johnson scores 20-or-more points, and 6-0 when he has five assists or more.
- Might want to keep an eye on Josh Smith tonight as well. Atlanta is 5-0 when Josh Smith scores 20-or-more points.
- Better bring the “D” Spurs! The Hawks are 9-0 when shooting 45%-or-better from the field.