The West coast swing of the San Antonio Spurs’ (21-9) Rodeo Road Trip is set to begin as they will face the Los Angeles Clippers (19-9) and “Lob City.” This will mark the second time these two West powers meet as San Antonio won the first meeting 115-90 in San Antonio.
The Spurs come into tonight’s game on a season-high nine-game winning streak including a recent win over the Toronto Raptors while the Clippers have won two straight including a recent win over the Portland Trail Blazers.
For a complete preview, be sure to read Project Spurs’ Paul Garcia’s breakdown but here are five things to watch for in tonight’s Spurs-Clippers game.
- Keep an eye on Caron Butler and his rebounding numbers. The Clippers are 10-3 when Butler grabs five or more rebounds.
- Speaking of rebounds. The Clips grabbed a season-high 19 offensive rebounds versus the Wizards this season which led to a season-high 27 second chance points.
- Might want to contain “Lob City” Spurs. The Clips are 12-1 when scoring 99 or more points.
- Beware the Clippers “D.” The Clips are 11-0 when they hold opponents to under 90 points.
- CP3 is a thief. Chris Paul has recorded a steal in his last 32 overall games dating back to last season. This is the longest current streak in the NBA.
Matchup to watch: Tony Parker vs. Chris Paul. Here is how they fared against each other (via nba.com) in their first meeting this season.