AT&T CENTER – The San Antonio Spurs took the series lead over the Oklahoma City Thunder (3-2) in Game 5 winning 117-89. But before the scene shifts to Oklahoma City for Game 6, here are some notable numbers and quotable quotes from the Spurs’ Game 5 win.
- The Spurs’ biggest lead over OKC was 33.
- The Spurs held OKC to under 20 points scoring in the third (19) and fourth (15) quarter.
- The Spurs edged OKC in the paint scoring 40-36.
- The Spurs outscored OKC in fast break points 14-4.
- The Spurs “Big 3″ of Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili and Tim Duncan scored a combined 53 points.
- The Spurs’ bench scored 55 points while OKC’s bench scored 26 points.
- After scoring 11 points in the first quarter, OKC’s Reggie Jackson went scoreless in the second, third and fourth quarter.
- OKC’s Kevin Durant led all scorers with 25 points off 11-21 shooting.
- The Spurs had six players scoring in double figures – Kawhi Leonard with 14, Duncan with 22, Danny Green with 14, Parker with 12, Ginobili with 19, and Boris Diaw with 13.
- The Spurs held OKC to 35% shooting in the fourth quarter.
- Parker on Ginobili’s play in Game 5, “We need that from him in every game if we want to go all the way.”
- OKC’s Reggie Jackson, “Gregg Popovich himself could have thrown on a jersey.”
- OKC’s Reggie Jackson, “I can take the blame for this one.”
- OKC’s Serge Ibaka, “I did not do a good job protecting my teammates in the paint.”
- Spurs’ Duncan, “[W]e continued to grind and found a way to kind of make them (OKC) break.”
- Spurs’ Ginobili, “Probably they (OKC) were not as aggressive, and we were. We stepped up.”