The San Antonio Spurs (2-0) will look to get a road win tonight in Oklahoma City as they visit the Thunder (0-2) for Game 3 of the Western Conference Finals.
The big news is the possible return of Thunder big man Serge Ibaka. Ibaka has been out for the series due to a calf injury but is now listed as day-to-day and his return to the court seems imminent. Considering the Spurs have been living in the paint and scoring at will, OKC probably saw the need for Serge and his defensive prowess to hurry back if they want to stay alive in the postseason.
The Spurs are coming off a 112-77 win over OKC in Game 2. Tim Duncan led the Spurs with 27 points.
And as the Spurs look to put a vice grip on the series, here are five things to watch for during tonight’s game:
- OKC’s Thabo Sefolosha has yet to score in the series going 0-9 through two games.
- Spurs’ Marco Belinelli has gone 0-3 from the 3pt line in the series.
- The last time the Spurs were up 2-0 on the Thunder in 2012, the Spurs would eventually lose four games in a row to the Thunder.
- The Spurs have scored 120 points in the paint vs. OKC through two games.
- Spurs’ Belinelli, Manu Ginobili and Tiago Splitter have yet to miss a free throw in the series vs. OKC