The 2014 Southwest Division champions, San Antonio Spurs (59-16), will face their main rival in the West, the Oklahoma City Thunder (54-19) tonight in Oklahoma City.
The Spurs are coming off a 111-90 win over the Warriors in San Antonio. Tony Parker had 18 points and 8 assists while Tim Duncan had 15 points, and 8 rebounds. With the win, the Spurs recorded their 19th straight win.
The Thunder are coming off a 116-96 win over Utah. Kevin Durant scored 31 points in the win.
And as the Spurs look to extend their winning streak to 20 wins in a row, and look to avoid a sweep by the Thunder in regular season matchups, here are five things to watch for in tonight’s contest:
- OKC’s Durant has extended his consecutive games streak with 25-or-more points to 38 games.
- In three games against the Thunder, Spurs’ Parker has averaged 25.3 points, 2.0 rebounds and 6.3 assists.
- When OKC’s Serge Ibaka blocks 3 or more shots, OKC is 30-9.
- In the last 32 games, OKC’s Derek Fisher is shooting 46.6% from 3-point range.
- Spurs’ Duncan has averaged 14.0 points, 10.3 rebounds and 1.7 blocks versus OKC this season.