The San Antonio Spurs (56-16) return home to the AT&T Center to face the New Orleans Pelicans (31-40) and look for their 17th win in a row.
The Spurs are coming off a 133-102 win over Denver. Tim Duncan had 20 points and Marco Belinelli scored 27 to pace the Spurs.
The Pelicans are coming off a 102-95 win over Utah. Tyreke Evans led the team with 22 points. In that game, Pelicans’ Anthony Davis injured his ankle and is doubtful for tonight’s game in San Antonio.
And as the Spurs look to tie the franchise record for the most consecutive wins, here are five things to watch for in tonight’s contest:
- Spurs’ Duncan is averaging 22.7 points on 63.8 percent shooting over his last three games.
- The Spurs are averaging 112.7 points and shooting 49.6 percent during their winning streak.
- The Pelicans are 3-6 on the season without Davis.
- The Spurs have won the season’s first three meetings versus the Pelicans by an average of 10.7 points.
- The Pelicans are 6-1 when opposing teams score less than 90 points.