The first-seeded San Antonio Spurs (0-0) will host the eighth-seeded Dallas Mavericks (0-0) this afternoon as the two teams get set to begin their postseason run.
The Spurs finished their regular season with a 100-113 loss to the Lakers while the Mavs finished their regular season with a 105-106 to the Grizzlies.
And as the Spurs and Mavs look to add another chapter to their rivalry, here are five things to watch for in today’s Texas tussle:
- Dirk Nowitzki averaged 21.7 points, 6.2 rebounds and shooting 49.7 percent from the field to lead the Mavericks back to the playoffs.
- The Spurs have won nine straight games against the Mavs.
- The Spurs are 54-14 when Kawhi Leonard plays this season.
- Spurs’ Tony Parker has averaged 23.3 points, 5.7 assists and 2.3 rebounds in three games versus the Mavs.
- Mavs’ Monta Ellis averaged 21.3 ppg, 3.3 rpg, and 5.5 apg against the Spurs this past season.