The San Antonio Spurs (1-0) will look to take a commanding lead over the Dallas Mavericks (0-1) tonight in Game 2 of their first-round playoff series.
The Spurs narrowly took Game 1 winning 90-85. The Spurs went on a 19-4 run to close the game and cruise to the win. Tim Duncan scored a game-high 27 points and added seven rebounds in 38 minutes. Tony Parker finished with 21 points. Mavericks’ Devin Harris had a team-high 19 points.
And as the Spurs look to go up 2-0 in the series, here are five things to watch for in tonight’s contest:
- The Mavericks committed only eight turnovers in Game 1.
- Dallas’ bench outscored San Antonio’s bench, 46-23, in Game 1.
- The Mavericks’ only upset in a first-round best-of-seven series came when they defeated the Spurs 4-1 in 2009.
- The Mavericks are 6-11 all-time in best-of-seven series when they drop the first game.
- Spurs’ Kawhi Leonard played in four games against the Mavericks and averaged 12.8 points and 9.8 rebounds.