San Antonio Spurs' Danny Green has been putting on one of the best three point shooting displays in recent history of the NBA Finals.
From breaking Miami's Ray Allen's Finals record by connecting on 25 three points to currently shooting a whopping 65% from the three point line, Green is definitely leaving his mark on these Finals and quite possibly, garner some votes for NBA Finals MVP.
Here are some eye popping stats (via Basketball-Reference) on Green's three point shooting performance through five games:
• Green has connected on 25 out of 38 three point shots which has him shooting 65% from behind the arc
• In San Antonio, Green went 16-24 from the three point line (66%) and in two games in Miami, has made 9-14 (64%)
• In the Spurs' three wins, Green has made 17-28 from the three point line (60%) and in the team's two losses has made 8-10 (80%)
• Through five games versus the Heat, in the first quarter Green has made 6-9 (66%), in the second quarter has connected on 6-7 (85%), in the third quarter 7-11 (63%) and in the fourth quarter has made 6-11 (54%) from long range
• Watch the clock! With less than three minutes in a quarter, Green has made 5-7 (71%) three pointers, 3-6 minutes left in the quarter, Danny has hit 1-4 (20%) from the arc, and with more than six minutes in the quarter, he has shot 19-27 (70%)
• The margin is key. When the score is 5-points or less, Green has made 13-20 (65%) three pointers. When the score has been between 6-10 points, Danny has connected on 5-9 (55%) threes. When the score is 10 points or more, he has made 7-9 (77%) shots from beyond the arc
Check out Green's hot shooting via Basketball-Reference:
So what's the lesson for Miami tonight as they host the Spurs in Game 6? Good luck at trying to stop Green.