The San Antonio Spurs (45-13) will finally make their return home tonight after the Rodeo Road Trip (7-2) to host the same team that ended their annual trek, the Phoenix Suns (18-39), in San Antonio.
This will be the Spurs and Suns' last meeting of the season with the Spurs taking the first two games. In the most recent game in Phoenix, the Spurs won despite not having guard Tony Parker due to injury, 97-87 with Kawhi Leonard leading the Spurs with 19 points, 9 rebounds and 3 steals. The Spurs limited the Suns to 37.0 percent shooting and forced 20 turnovers.
The Suns are coming off a 84-83 overtime win versus the Timberwolves in Phoenix. Marcin Gortat led the Suns with 14 points and 7 rebounds.
And as the Spurs and Suns get set to tangle once again in a matter of days, here are five things to watch for during tonight's contest:
• The Spurs have won seven straight homes games versus the Suns and 18 straight overall this season.
• San Antonio is averaging 105.1 points, 26.1 assists and 41.8 rebounds, while shooting .501 from the floor and .388 from downtown in 24 home games.
• Phoenix is 3-7 on the road against the Western Conference under new coach Lindsey Hunter.
• Phoenix has won twice on the road when trailing after three quarters under Hunter.
• Suns' Michael Beasley is averaging 12.3 points, 3.9 rebounds, 1.9 assists on the road.