The San Antonio Spurs (9-2) will look to go up 2-0 on the Memphis Grizzlies (8-4) tonight in San Antonio as the Western Conference Finals continues.
The Spurs are coming off a convincing win in Game 1 over the Grizzlies 105-83. The Spurs connected on a franchise playoff-high 14 three pointers while Tony Parker led the San Antonio with 20 points, 9 assists and 2 steals. Kawhi Leonard poured in 18 points, and Danny Green added 16 points. Quincy Pondexter paced Memphis with 17 points off the bench. Zach Randolph was held to just two points on 1‐of‐8 shooting in 28 minutes.
Despite losing Game 1 versus the Spurs, San Antonio should not take their early series-lead. Against the Clippers and Thunder, Memphis fell 0-1 to start both series yet rallied to win both series.
And as the Spurs look to win Game 2, here are five things to watch for during tonight's game:
• The Spurs are 5-1 against the Grizzlies in postseason games played in San Antonio.
• Memphis is the only NBA team with three players ranked in the top 20 in scoring during the playoffs (Zach Randolph, Marc Gasol and Mike Conley).
• Memphis is only allowing 93.4 points during the postseason.
• The Spurs are 4-0 in the postseason at home when leading after the first quarter.
• The Spurs are 4-0 in the postseason at home when scoring 100 points or more.