The San Antonio Spurs (54-17) will continue their tough stretch of games with a visit from the Los Angeles Clippers (49-23) tonight in San Antonio. The Clippers currently hold the season series edge (2-1) with the Spurs winning the third meeting in Los Angeles.
San Antonio won their first game of the season series 116-90 at the Staples Center. Tony Parker led the Spurs with 31 points and seven assists while Matt Barnes had a team-high 18 points and six rebounds for the Clippers with Blake Griffin adding 17 points and eight rebounds in the loss.
The Spurs are coming off a narrow 100-99 win
over the Nuggets in San Antonio. Tim Duncan paced the Spurs with 23 points, 14 rebounds, and five blocks.
The Clippers are coming off a 105-91 win over the Hornets in New Orleans. Griffin scored 19 points, while Chris Paul had 16 points, nine assists and four steals in the win.
And as the Spurs and Clippers get set for a Western Conference showdown, here are five things to watch for during the game:
• Spurs' Duncan is averaging 20.0 points, 11.6 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 2.91 blocks while shooting 53.0 percent from the field and 80.8 percent from the foul line during March.
• The Clippers have scored 100 or more points 43 times this season and are 34-9 in those games.
• The Clippers’ bench is fourth in the league in scoring at 39.8 points per game.
• The Clippers are 9-2 when Willie Green scores at least 10 points.
• The Clippers are 17-1 on the road when leading at halftime.