Tonight the San Antonio Spurs (38-14) will put their nine-game winning streak on the line as they face the New Orleans Hornets (14-40) in San Antonio.
This is the third meeting between the Spurs and Hornets this season with San Antonio winning all three game this season. In their previous meeting, the Spurs won 89-86 in New Orleans. DeJuan Blair paced the Spurs with 23 points and seven rebounds while Hornets’ Jarrett Jack finished with 27 points, seven rebounds and five assists.
For the season, Tim Duncan is averaging 20 points and 7.7 rebounds while shooting 55% from the field. Tony Parker is averaging 16.7 points and 11.3 assists.
For a complete breakdown of tonight’s game, check out Project Spurs’ Paul Garcia’s gameday preview but here are five things to watch for in tonight’s Spurs-Hornets matchup.
- A win tonight will get the Spurs closer to a playoff spot. The Spurs magic number to clinch a spot in the playoffs is at two.
- If the Spurs shoot 50% or more, the team is 8-0 in the AT&T Center.
- Keep an eye on the rebounding numbers tonight. San Antonio is 16-0 when they out-rebound their opponent at home.
- It should be a win for the Spurs if they have the lead at the break. The Spurs are 16-0when leading at halftime at home.
- It be wise for the Spurs to score over 89 points tonight. At the AT&T Center, the Spurs are 0-2 when scoring between 80-89 points.
Team vs. team. Here is how the Spurs and Hornets have fared against each other this season (via nba.com).