The San Antonio Spurs (19-7) will take on the Denver Nuggets (13-12) tonight in Denver and will be looking to shake off a huge loss to the Thunder last night.
The Spurs and Nuggets met early this season with San Antonio winning 126-100. The Spurs were dominant from the opening tip, outscoring Denver 33-15 in the first quarter while holding the Nuggets to 39% shooting and forcing them into nine turnovers. Manu Ginobili led all scorers with 20 points on 5-of-7 shooting from three. Danilo Gallinari led the Nuggets in scoring with 15 points.
The Spurs are coming off a 107-93 loss to the Thunder with Nando De Colo scoring 14 points and six assists.
The Nuggets are coming off a 122-97 win over the Kings with JaVale McGee finishing with 19 points, 5 rebounds and 3 blocked shots.
So as these two teams get set to square off, here are five things to watch for during the game:
• Denver is 11-2 when allowing fewer than 100 points and are 4-1 when holding their opponent below 90 points.
• Denver is averaging 19.3 fast break points in their past 13 games.
• Denver is 10-3 this season when registering nine-or-more steals.
• Denver is 5-0 when leading after three quarters.
• San Antonio is 4-2 in the second half of back-to-backs.