The San Antonio Spurs will look to snap their two-game losing streak tonight as they face the New Orleans Hornets in New Orleans.
The road hasn’t been kind to San Antonio (1-6) but playing against the Hornets might be what the doctor ordered for the Spurs’ road woes. The Hornets are one of the worst teams in the NBA at 3-13 and 1-8 in New Orleans.
But as the Spurs head into tonight’s contest, let’s take a look at five things to watch for in tonight’s matchup.
- Keep the Hornets off the boards. The Hornets rank 4th in the NBA in rebounds per game (44.1), 4th in offensive rebounds per game (12.6) and are 13th in defensive rebounds per game (31.5).
- Spurs would be wise to pour in the points tonight. The Hornets are 0-2 when opponents score 100 points or more.
- Be aware of Jarrett Jack Spurs! Jack is one of only three players in the league who are averaging at least 16 points, seven assists, and four rebounds per game this season.
- If the Spurs are leading at the half, they just might win. New Orleans is 0-9 when trailing at halftime.
- “The Titan” is having an impact. Hornets rookie big man Gustavo Ayon (who the Spurs had interest in this offseason) is averaging 8 points, 5.3 rebounds in just over 17 minutes in a recent three-game stretch.