The San Antonio Spurs (13-9) will host the Houston Rockets (12-9) tonight in the AT&T Center which will mark the last time these two Texas teams will face off this season. The Rockets hold the season series lead at 2-1, and the Spurs need to get the win to tie up the series especially if these two team meet in the playoffs.
For a full preview of this game, check out Project Spurs’ Paul Garcia’s in-depth preview but as these two teams get ready to tussle, here are five things to keep an eye on during the game.
- Spurs pour in the points against the Rockets. Houston has allowed the Spurs to score over 100 points in nine of their last 10 meetings.
- There’s no place like home for the Spurs against the Rockets. Houston has lost in 31 of the past 37 visits to San Antonio.
- Spurs seriously need to keep Samuel Dalembert off the glass. Dalembert grabbed 31 offensive rebounds over a five-game stretch from 1/13/12 to 1/19/12.
- Let’s keep it a high-scoring game tonight Spurs. Houston is 5-0 when opponents score less than 90 points.
- The Rockets sure do like to score in the paint. Houston scored 50 points in the paint in four consecutive games this season from 1/11/12 to 1/16/12.