The San Antonio Spurs (19-9) will face the hapless Detroit Pistons (8-21) tonight in Michigan as the Rodeo Road Trip continues.
Tonight’s matchup will be the only meeting between Detroit and San Antonio with the Pistons losing the seasons series to the Spurs last season. For a complete preview of tonight’s game, check out Project Spurs’ Paul Garcia’s in-depth preview but here are five things to watch for in tonight’s Spurs-Pistons contest.
- Greg Monroe will be quite the handful. Monroe ranks tied for sixth in the NBA with 15 double-doubles this season and is tied for first in the NBA in offensive rebounds.
- Jason Maxiell is making an impact in the starting five. Detroit is 4-2 since Maxiell was inserted into the starting unit on February 1.
- Make sure Stuckey doesn’t get hot from downtown. Rodney Stuckey is shooting a career-high 36.6% from three-point range this season
- Pistons capitalize at the charity stripe. Detroit ranks 6th in the NBA with a 77.8 free-throw percentage and against the Bucks this season, went a perfect 24-24 from the free-throw line this season.
- Tony Parker can pump in the points versus Detroit. Last season TP averaged 21 points and seven assists against the Pistons in two games.
Matchup to watch: Tim Duncan vs. Greg Monroe. Here is how the two big men fared (via nba.com) against each other last season.