The San Antonio Spurs (25-11) will look to sweep the season series from the Denver Nuggets (20-17) tonight as the Spurs seven-game home stand continues. Should the Spurs win tonight, it would be the first time in 10 years the Spurs were able to sweep the season series from the Nuggets since the 2001-2002 season.
Denver comes into tonight’s matchup riding a two-game winning streak while San Antonio is fresh off a win over the Charlotte Bobcats after losing only their second game at the AT&T Center to the Chicago Bulls this season.
For a detailed breakdown of tonight’s contest, check out Project Spurs’ Paul Garcia’s preview but here are five things to watch for in tonight’s game.
- Denver is dangerous when they outshoot and outrebound their opponents. Denver is 11-1 on the year when outrebounding and outshooting their opponent.
- Be careful if the game is a low-scoring affair. Denver is 11-5 when holding teams to 95 points or below.
- If Denver is blocking, then it might mean a loss for San Antonio. When the Nuggets record 10 or more blocks in a game, they are 3-0.
- Denver has played well in San Antonio. Denver has gone 6-9 in San Antonio since 2004-2005.
- Spurs need to win the rebound battle. The Nuggets are 3-12 when they get outrebounded.
Matchup to watch: Tony Parker vs. Ty Lawson. Here is how the two players have fared against each other (via nba.com) this season.