The San Antonio Spurs (46-16) are set to host the Cleveland Cavaliers (21-41) in their final meeting of the season. The Spurs handed the Cavaliers a 125-90 loss earlier this season in Cleveland. In that game, San Antonio had six players scoring in double figures with Patty Mills leading the way for the Spurs with 20 points. Antawn Jamison led the Cavs with 15 points.
Here are five things to watch for in tonight’s Spurs-Cavs game.
- Tim Duncan closing in on “Sir Charles.” Duncan needs 21 rebounds to pass Charles Barkley on the NBA all-time rebounding list who is 17th with 12, 456 rebounds.
- Hot shooting in the AT&T Center means a win for the Spurs. The Spurs are 12-0 at home when shooting 50% or more.
- Cleaning up the glass means a guaranteed win for the Spurs this season. San Antonio is 20-0 when they out-rebound their opponent at home.
- It be best for the Spurs to score 90 or more points. San Antonio is 0-3 at the AT&T Center when scoring between 80 to 89 points.
- If the Spurs are leading after three quarters, it is pretty much another win. San Antonio is 23-1 when taking the lead into the final period.
Team vs. team. Here is how the Spurs and Cavs fared against one another this season (via nba.com).