Hoop Heads North: Even though the Spurs have the leagues best record, do you feel like they’re the underdog and are seemingly flying under the radar?
Michael De Leon (Project Spurs): I don’t think they are flying under the radar anymore, but they certainly are not getting the respect they deserve. However, if you ask any Spurs player, they wouldn’t have it any other way. Respect is earned in the postseason.
HHN: In one of your recent posts, you linked to a quote of Kobe’s where he stated that he believes the Celtics are the Lakers biggest threat. Do you agree or disagree?
• Spurs coach Gregg Popovich had glowing remarks about Gary Neal after the win against the Oklahoma City Thunder:
“Gary Neal was super because he also assisted for three, four layups in between making shots,” Popovich said. “He had a great, great run and played a complete game in that regard.” (commercialappeal.com)
• With all the player movement and players demanding trades, The National reminds Spurs fans how rare a player Tim Duncan is for San Antonio:
Whether next it is Chris Paul wanting to move to New York or Dwight Howard eying Los Angeles, the rich franchises intend to stay fat and happy, while the smaller markets struggle. Rare is a player such as Tim Duncan, happy to spend his entire career with the San Antonio Spurs.
• Forbes.com reminded Spurs fans that it’s the Los Angeles Lakers who have more NBA titles:
In basketball, the Houston Rockets won two titles when Chicago Bull legend Michael Jordan unexpectedly took two years off, the San Antonio Spurs are a model of championship consistency, but combined they’ll never measure up to the Lakers’ myriad titles over numerous decades.
• Express News’ Tim Griffin shares the players and coaches quotes the Spurs media staff hands out after the win against the New Jersey Nets.
• The Spurs D-League affiliate Austin Toros lost a tough game that went into double overtime against the Rio Grande Valley Vipers last night. Click HERE for the recap at Toros Nation.
• The Faster Times has the Spurs ranked number one after the NBA trade deadline in their Power Rankings.
• Check out the Spurs in their best tuxedos and tennis shoes at the 23rd Tux and Tennis Gala: