• San Antonio Spurs’ Manu Ginobili had this to say after the huge loss to the Miami Heat:
“They needed the game more than us.”
• Express News’ Tim Griffin has five takes on the Spurs-Heat game.
• Though the San Antonio Spurs own the NBA’s best record and are tops in the Western Conference, TheSportsJury.com thinks the Los Angeles Lakers are the best in the West and will capture another title:
In the Western Conference, the San Antonio Spurs started 46-9 this season to pretty much outdistance themselves from the rest of the NBA’s elite.· They have been hailed by most as the team to beat in the Western Conference.· However, the two-time defending Champion Lakers are showing why they are still the prohibitive favorite not only in the west, but for another NBA title.
• RedsArmy.com is keeping the Spurs under the Boston Celtics’ microscope as the playoffs near.
• The San Antonio Spurs D-League affiliate Austin Toros are in the D-League playoff hunt. Check out how things might shake up for the Toros at Toros Nation.
• Hoops World still has Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich as the Coach of the Year:
The disappointing 30-point loss in Miami after beating the HEAT by 30 in San Antonio just 10 days ago should remind everyone not to take the results of any one game too seriously. This hasn’t derailed Coach Popovich’s bid for COY or signaled that Coach Spoelstra finally has the HEAT firing on all cylinders.
Coach Popovich has taken last year’s 50-win team to first place overall in the NBA and a projected 66-win season, COY is his to lose.
• Former Spurs player James White shared this video of him winning the 2011 Slam Dunk Contest out in Italy:
• Here is how you can enter for a chance to score some free tickets to the upcoming Spurs-Portland Trail Blazers game on March 28 at the AT&T Center:
1. Follow @TiqFeed_Texas on Twitter.
2. Once you’ve followed, send out a tweet that says “Follow @TiqFeed_Texas” and include your favorite live Texas sports moment, followed by the hashtag #LoneStarTiqs for chance to win free Spurs tickets.
3. One person who tweets that out will win a free pair of tickets to the March 28 Spurs-Trail Blazers game.