• Huffington Post says sayonara to the San Antonio Spurs:
The NBA elites are on their way out the back door. Change the place mats to the front door entrance. The Los Angeles Lakers, San Antonio Spurs and Boston Celtics are moving out. There is a new wave of elitist coming through.
• Express News’ Tim Griffin is hoping for a big game from Tim Duncan tonight on Duncan’s 35th birthday:
Duncan is averaging 17.6 points, 11.3 rebounds and 4.0 assists in those previous eight games. His most recent game on his birthday last season was one of the worst of his career, when he matched his playoff career low with four points and hit a career-playoff low 11.1 percent from the field as he missed eight of his nine shots.
• Bloguin’s Crossover Chronicles discusses the Spurs:
So I would caution people not to write the Spurs off until they’re dead and buried. Because that team is too good. It’s been there too many times.
• Bloguin’s own Hoops Manifesto names Spurs’ Gary Neal as part of their All-Rookie Team.
• Seems one huge Spurs fan has some competition. Check out this video from woai.com:
• The Spurs’ team physician, David R. Schmidt, will serve as the chairman of the 2011 Valero Alamo Bowl. (bizjournals.com)
• Pounding the Rock shares some photos of the Spurs in Grizzlies country.