• Bizjournals.com says the national media is poking fun of the San Antonio Spurs after their loss to the Memphis Grizzlies.
• WOAI.com asks who is your favorite Spur.
• Express News’ Tim Griffin talks about Grizzlies’ OJ Mayo liking the play of Manu Ginobili.
• Spurs’ Tony Parker is the latest supporter for Annecy’s bid for the 2018 Winter Games:
The latest athlete ambassador to lend his support to the Annecy 2018 bid for the winter Games is San Antonio Spurs basketballer Tony Parker.
The triple NBA champion joins prestigious sports figures such as Jean-Baptiste Grange, Arsène Wenger, Florent Amodio, Zinédine Zidane, Christophe Lemaitre and Marie-José Perec that have declared their backing for the French bid.
Parker was born in Belgium but was raised in France and calls Paris home, hence his allegiance to the Annecy bid.
“Like nearly 600 athletes who are supporting the bid, I say YES to Annecy 2018″, has he declared at the beginning of the NBA playoffs he’s playing with the San Antonio Spurs. (sportsfeatures.com)
• Spurs’ Manu Ginobili was runner-up to Thunder’s Kevin Durant for the Professional Basketball Writers Association Magic Johnson Award:
Durant, of the Oklahoma City Thunder, is the winner of the PBWA’s Magic Johnson Award, given annually to the player who combines on-court performance with steady co-operation with the media, in the same manner as Johnson did during his Hall of Fame career.
Durant was voted the winner over finalists Manu Ginobili of the San Antonio Spurs, Elton Brand of the Philadelphia 76ers and Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls. (nba.com)
• Pounding the Rock previews tonight’s Spurs-Grizzlies game.