• The next San Antonio Spurs home game against the Oklahoma City Thunder has had a time change:
The National Basketball Association today announced that the San Antonio Spurs vs. Oklahoma City Thunder game on February 23 will be changed to 6:00 p.m. and will continue to be televised by ESPN. The game can still be seen locally on CW35 and heard in English on 1200 AM WOAI and in Spanish on 1350 AM KCOR. The game was previously scheduled to tip-off at 7:00 p.m. (spurs.com)
And speaking of the Spurs-Thunder game, follow @projectspurstiq on Twitter for a chance to win two free tickets for the February 23 game later this month courtesy of all of us here at Project Spurs.
• It was the tip-in heard all around Spurs fandom, but how did Antonio McDyess’ game winning tip-in against the Los Angeles Lakers fare on NBA.com’s Horry Scale?
3.5 Horrys. The shot itself was easy, but the game situation, conference implications and the fact that this is the Horry Scale, after all, and Big Shot Rob did in fact once play for the Spurs, earns this play 3.5 Horrys.
• Lakers’ Lamar Odom takes full blame for the Lakers’ loss to the Spurs last night:
“I’ve got to make that play towards the end,” Odom said. “I got caught watching Duncan take the shot and didn’t box out. McDyess got position. He beat me.” (latimes.com)
• Project Spurs’ Nick Kapsis shared the following video of Lakers’ fans reaction to McDyess’ game winning tip with me today and now I’m sharing it with the rest of the Project Spurs’ fans:
• Manu Ginobili has a new entry on the All-Star game and more in his column at La Nacion.
• Reigning Black discusses McDyess’ tip-in versus the Lakers.
• Hoops Vibe has an issue with Ginobili involved in NBA MVP talks.
• Express News’ Tim Griffin talks about why having veterans on the Spurs squad comes in handy.