• The San Antonio Spurs’ season may be over but do not let that stop you from winning free lower level tickets at the AT&T Center next season from San Antonio’s News 4 WOAI:
San Antonio’s only 6:30 evening newscast is giving away a pair of lower level Spurs season tickets. Watch every evening at 6:30pm for Don’s Spurs Trivia question. Starting with the 14th caller the first person to get the correct answer becomes a finalist. One finalist will be picked each day from May 18, 2011 to May 26, 2011. A drawing will be held on May 27, 2011 with the winner receiving a pair of lower level Spurs season tickets. Must be 18 years of age or older to participate.
• Bizjournals.com says a budding Dallas Mavericks-Oklahoma City Thunder rivalry could supplant the rivalry between the Spurs and Mavericks:
By the time this Western Conference Finals war between Dallas and Oklahoma City is over, San Antonio may be the odd town out in the I-35 rivalry.
• Texas A&M basketball coach Bill Kennedy has ties to the Spurs:
While at A&M as a young assistant, Kennedy earned $100 a pop to scout Rockets games and write up reports for the Spurs. From those reports came a close relationship with San Antonio general manager R.C. Buford and coach Gregg Popovich. He still sees them a few times a year. (chron.com)
• Express News’ Tim Griffin talks about who played well in the Maverick-Thunder series.
• MVPTexas.com asks if it’s the year of the Mavs.
• Pounding the Rock puts the Spurs centers under the microscope.