• ESPN.com spoke about San Antonio Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich being a man of mystery:
Popovich is the NBA’s man of mystery, all right. He’s the coach with no fingerprints. He’s anti-self promotion, anti-celebrity, even anti-Twitter, once grousing, “If you tweet, you talk too much.”
• The Spurs’ rival Dallas Mavericks were recently called soft by their own head coach Rick Carlisle and it seems Spurs fan “favorite” Jason Terry took exception:
“Who said that?” Jason Terry said, scoffing at the accusation after he had an off night — rare for him of late — with 10 points. “I’m not soft, not me. I don’t know where that comes from, but we ain’t soft. We have to see how he meant soft in that aspect, but I know he wasn’t talking to me personally or any of my teammates because I don’t think none of these guys are soft.” (espn.com)
• RedsArmy.com is keeping a close eye on the Spurs as the playoffs are nearing.
• In the Spurs’ win over the Detroit Pistons, Detroit’s Austin Daye’s scoring streak came to an end:
Daye averaged 14.5 points in the four games before Wednesday night’s contest in Texas. He scored just five points before fouling out against the Spurs. (swxrightnow.com)
• Express News’ Tim Griffin spoke on Spurs’ Antonio McDyess celebrating his 1,000th game last night against the Pistons:
Veteran Spurs forward-center Antonio McDyess and his team celebrated his 1,000th game Thursday at the end of the Spurs’ short practice. McDyess and his teammates cut a giant cake after the practice finished up. He became only the 97th player in the history of the league to play in 1,000 games.
Hit the jump to read about how you can win free Spurs tickets to an upcoming home game, an Austin Toro player recognized for his great play, a former Spurs’ draftee being courted to play in Canada, and more.
• Spurs’ Gary Neal led a scavenger hunt for area kids in San Antonio.
• Check out a sneak peek at the upcoming documentary “Elevate” by Anne Buford.
• Spurs.com talks about how a team effort led to the Spurs dominance at the AT&T Center.
• Former Spurs’ 2000 NBA draftee Cory Hightower is being considered to play with the Edmonton Energy of Canada.
• Pounding the Rock shares photos from the Spurs-Pistons game.
• Want to win free tickets to a San Antonio Spurs game this month? Of course you do!
Here is how you can enter for a chance to score some free tickets to the upcoming Spurs-Portland Trail Blazers game on March 28 at the AT&T Center:
1. Follow @TiqFeed_Texas on Twitter.
2. Once you’ve followed, send out a tweet that says “Follow @TiqFeed_Texas” and include your favorite liveTexas sports moment, followed by the hashtag #LoneStarTiqs for chance to win free Spurs tickets.
3. One person who tweets that out will win a free pair of tickets to the March 28 Spurs-Trail Blazers game.