• Want to win a pair of free tickets to a San Antonio Spurs home game next month? Of course you do! All you have to do it follow @projectspurstiq on Twitter to enter. Easy huh?
• David Aldridge of NBA.com talks about the San Antonio Spurs and the subtle changes made which has made them one of the top teams in the NBA:
So much for the supposedly warmer and cuddlier Pop, who went to a zone defense out of desperation last week against Denver because, as he recalled it, no one was guarding anybody, anyway. Might as well mess up the Nuggets, too. And, of course, it worked, like most everything has worked out so far this year for the Spurs . . .
• Express News’ Tim Griffin talks about DeJuan Blair and his rebounding prowess, on one possession! Check it out.
• Who is Martin Iti? Well if you don’t know him, the Spurs sure do. In fact they once offered the sever-footer, once considered one of the top centers by ESPN, Southland Sharks player out of the New Zealand Basketball League an offer to workout with them:
Some would call it a fall from grace for a man who five years ago attracted interest from NBA teams and was once ranked behind superstar LeBron James in a list of America’s most promising young basketball players.
After Iti’s freshman year at college in 2003-04, where he averaged six points and six rebounds a game, the bright lights of the NBA began to dawn.
He contemplated putting his name in the NBA draft and received offers to work out for Miami Heat, the San Antonio Spurs and the Toronto Raptors.
• Spurs’ coach Gregg Popovich gives credit where credit is due in the win over the Washington Wizards:
• Speaking about the win over the Wizards, check out what Tony Parker had to say about the win:
(videos by woai.com)