The sounds of a Spurs game are like music to a Spurs fan’s ears. The roar of the crowd when the Spurs are winning, the swish of a basket made, or the thunderous dunks by Spurs players.
Then there are other sounds of the game Spurs fans don’t want to hear. The silence after a home loss, an announcement that a Spur is injured, or the cheering of an opposing team winning in San Antonio.
But believe it or not, there are worse things to hear during game. Yes even worse than hearing Duncan, Parker, or Ginobili suffering an injury. So with that being said, whether you are at the game or watching on TV, we present you our top five things Spurs fans do not want to ever hear during a Spurs game.
5. “We have an Allen Iverson sighting in San Antonio. Why is he sitting next to Pop?”
4. “And from France, starting at power forward, Ian Mahinmi!”
3. “Let’s hear it San Antonio, let’s have a warm welcome back to the Spurs, coming out of retirement and starting at point guard . . . Nick Van Exel!”
2. “With one second left in the game, Lakers inbound the ball to Derek Fisher!”
1. “Welcome to tonight’s game as the San Antonio Spurs take on the defending NBA champions, the Dallas Mavericks.”
Leave us your suggestions on other things Spurs fan do not want to hear during a Spurs game.