1. Lakers — After beating the supposed team that can beat the Lakers in the West (yeah right) the Spurs, the Lakers still sit atop the West. Now with their team back at full strength with Walton and Farmar back on the floor, this team has a deadly bench for all opposing teams in the West.
2. Nuggets — Losing Melo will hurt, and their schedule doesn’t get easier with plenty of road games coming up.
3. Spurs — I have to agree with some other writers here. It took a Mason miracle shot, a Fisher foul, an Ariza travel to beat the Lakers. Let’s add barely beating the Bobcats, the Bulls and a big losses to the 76′ers and the Lakers should worry Spurs fans. It also doesn’t get easier with road games against the Jazz, Suns and Hornets before their Rodeo Road Trip.
4. Hornets — Losing Chandler was not what the Hornets needed just as it seemed they were getting their act together.
5. Rockets — Should rename this team the “Med Ward”. Yao, T-Mac and Artest all have had injuries this season but still are way above .500.