1. Lakers — This team has held on to it’s number 1 spot here at Projectspurs but for how long? The loss of Bynum will hurt however this isn’t the same team they had last year when they went to the finals. This team has much more talent than last year. Expect Odom and Gasol to increase their numbers and more spectacular nights from Kobe.
2. Spurs — Is Pop that confident in it’s team after gifting a game to the Nuggets when he benched Tim, Tony, Manu, and Finley? With Manu getting back his stride, this Spurs team is about to do it’s annual second half surge during the Rodeo Road Trip.
3. Nuggets — If you are the Nuggets, can you really take solace in knowing you beat a Spurs team that didn’t play it’s top guns? Melo is back and healthy and they are still benefitting from the Billups trade.
4. Blazers — This is a young team with players who ride the bench who can be starting on any other squad. Bayless is starting to come around, and Pryzbilla is playing great. Still show signs of inexperience on the road and Oden continues to look like the second coming of Sam Bowie.
5. Rockets — T-Mac injured again. What else is new? Will there ever be a time when Ming, T-Mac and Artest can get a string of games playing together?