The NBA season is winding down and it should be noted the Spurs fall off the top 5 list for the first time this season. Dropping another game to the Thunder, getting raped by the Cavs and losing Manu for the rest of the season does not bode well for this team. Now let’s take a look at the top 5 teams in the West.
1. Lakers — Almost dropped a game to the Clips but still this team is clearly the best in the West all season long. With the Spurs losing Manu for the rest of this season, the Lakers may have a clear path to the Finals but I am sure the Nuggets may have something to say about that. Oh and Bynum is close to being back.
2. Nuggets — What has gotten into this team of late? They took over the number 2 spot in the West and Melo has been playing great. Billups is going to pay off tremendously for the Nuggs come playoff time. This is a very dangerous team for the Lakers should they meet in the playoffs.
3. Rockets — Yao is playing spectacular but can this team finally get out of the first round of the playoffs?
4. Jazz — The Jazz really suck on the road. This should be a huge concern for Jazz fans heading into the playoffs.
5. Blazers — Young team with so much promise. They impressed many in the month of March beating top quality teams but their road record is a concern. Sam Bowie v2.0 is back but he still sucks and the Blazers are better off with Aldridge and Pryzbilla in the middle. Seriously Oden is pathetic and how deadly would the Blazers be with Durant.